It’s far too easy to count all the bad things going on in your life. Recently Carrie and I have been having some mess just poured over our heads that just makes life uncomfortable.
- Cats under the house
- Sinus infection that turned into an ear infection that still has a lingering sinus congestion
- My clutch not working right in my truck
- The table on the deck busted its glass when the umbrella caught some wind
- Carrie having a heated discussion with a coworker
- My clients failing to show up for appointments
- The AC is not working to prime condition
I’m sure the list could go on. The problem is it’s too easy to sit and dwell on the crap in your life. God told us not to be anxious about anything because he provides all we need when we need it. Plus thinking about all that mess can make your life more miserable. Paul told us in Philippians 4:8 to think on these things.
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble,whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
That’s what I will do!